Welcome back ladies and gentlemen! It’s time for the Christmas edition of training and how exciting it is to be here!
Whew, the day startedoff with me wondering how long I’d make it without sleep, lol. I knew when the time came that sleep would definitely not be in the cards and I was correct. However, I did not count on sick children and 11 month old little monkies playing their part, lol.
I left home about 11AM and made it to Leader around 12:45 or so. Thank you so very much to The Lions Club for giving me a ride to Leader. It was a fun enjoyable trip all the way up.
The weather here at Leader was wet wet and did I mention wet? I asked my friend if maybe I should have bought ice skates and a boat instead of boots to class since in some spots it looked icy and definitely sounded extremely flooded!
***difference from last training***
1. No, lost, luggage! No having to borrow my instructors clothes and wondering when the heck mine would show up or if they would, ha! No walking through an airport that seemed like it would never end. Nope, I got the pleasure of driving up and having my luggage with me the whole way!
2. I’m in the Avon Wing this time around and have already forgotten that I don’t go right when exiting my room to get to the dining room! ***grumbles*** how many times will that happen? I also keep forgetting about the darn chair that’s hanging out between the door and the dresser/desk. Really should move that thing before it kills me!
3. There are now amazon echos in the rooms and man my one at home is faster than the one here. I ask her a question and she has to decide if she’s going to wake up before answering me, lol. Makes me wonder if my google at home would like being friends with this echo?
4. The assigned seating happened tonight at dinner unlike when I was here last when it happened at breakfast. Unless something changes the majority at my table are all from Michigan. How funny is that?
5. Finally, the instructors for this class we don’t meet until tomorrow. Only the volunteers and RA’s are here tonight.
6. Oh, almost forgot. It looks like the internet is much much better than it was when I got Luna. The connection back then was extremely slow when loading pages and when disconnect if you weren’t doing anything after a while which got rather annoying! So far this seems to do much better!
There’s one other big difference regarding juno walks that is different, but I will talk about that tomorrow if the story is actually true. If it is I will be sooooooo excited about that change! My friends that were in classes before now didn’t mention it when they were here unless I missed it. Which is possible with the super chatty fun Whats App group that we’re in!
I have met some pretty interesting people in my class so far, but will talk more about them tomorrow after we do the introduction gathering after dinner. Guide dog training wise there are only 13 of us and 6 for mobility training. There’s at least 5 new guide dog handlers, but will clarify that tomorrow. One person couldn’t make it in today due to mother nature being rude and blocking the roads so they couldn’t get to the airport. Fingers crossed that tomorrow goes better for them!
We of course had spaghetti for dinner and it was ***great*** as Leader Dog food could be! But for now it’s time to try for sleep, my first quiet sleep for the next 3 weeks.
BTW, I wonder how many times I’ll wake up wondering where the kids are because it’s too quiet?