Finally, the Serge A. Buy the CEO of NACC decided to get in touch with me. It only took them 2 months to do so! But sadly they didn’t have anything good to tell me.
Lets go over the recent contact shall we?
1. Based on discussions we’ve had with several parties, we may be looking at a solution for you. The solution would be to look at adapting some parts of the program for you and also trying to find innovative solutions during the delivery of the program itself.
I would like to know where was I during these conversations? How can you adapt something for a person without speaking with them as well and seeing what adaptations work for them? How come Everest College wasn’t also included in this conversation? I mean it is Everest College giving me the education after all, not NACC.
2. There are three conditions however.
I can’t believe they had the nerve to ask for these!
Condition 1. We need to be able to confirm that you would be able to graduate the program. This protects you as you pay for your education. While we are willing to attempt the accommodation, there’s no way for us to confirm that you would be able to graduate. You would need to sign a waiver stating that you are aware that you may or may not be able to graduate and, should the college and NACC make efforts to accommodate your needs, your relieve them of any responsibility should you not be able to graduate.
Would you ask a sighted person to sign anything stating they won’t hold the school or you responsible if they don’t graduate? No one knows for certain they will be able to successfully complete a program.
NACC everyone keep in mind is only the organization that provides me with the certification after I complete the program at Everest. It is between Everest and myself on discussing the education side of things. Everest has not asked me for any letter. If I don’t successfully complete a program due to any reason besides adaptations for me being refused or something is on me. Why would I hold anyone else responsible except myself?
Condition 2. We will need confirmation and agreement from the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities that they agree with any changes that we will make to the program.
Sorry I don’t even agree with this. Again you have not spoken with me to see what adaptations I need or how I learn. How can you adapt something for someone you’ve never sat down and spoken with? Again NACC you’re stepping out of your role. Everest and I already have adaptations for me in place for the ECA (early child care assistant) program. This is something I gathered over a month ago. A job you were suppose to be looking into but never did.
The problem with this is you could pick adaptations that are way out in left field. They might help someone, but they won’t help me. Why would anyone in their right mind say yes to something like this and leave themselves in a bad spot if the adaptations don’t meet their needs? I mean last I checked not all students learn the same. One adaptations work for one person may not work for another.
Condition 3. The College and the instructor need to be ready to work with you and accommodate your needs.
Hmm, how many times must I repeat this one? Lets see, Everest and i have been in communication since day one about adapting programs for me and how best the staff can be of help. Everest College and I have already come up with adaptations for me for the ECA program that are satisfactory for all parties. NACC you have nothing, absolutely nothing to do with the education side of this issue! Any problems on that side are delt with between myself and Everest College, not you!
NACC’s closing remark:
We’re sincerely trying our best to help you succeed in this project.
Um, they are? Am I missing something then, because I definitely don’t see them being helpful right now.
This that I’ve gone over today is the letter I received yesterday after my advocates finally reached NACC. I also forwarded this letter over to them since they were somehow left out of the communication.
My advocates called me after receiving this letter and my response back to NACC so we could touch base. According to them Serge A. Buy is concerned that I will sue NACC if I can’t complete the program.
Great, have them worried, but they are worried for the wrong reason.
I will only sue them if I am not allowed to take the program or complete the program if accomidations aren’t made. This is the only reason this has come to the attention of anyone.
My advocates and I are going to wait until June 1st to see if they respond to my recent letter back to them before discussing the next step.
For anyone that needs to catch up on this thread, then a great place to start is right over here
Thanks for reading.