So this year ends the way it started, cold!!!
This has been one hell of a year, so how about we wrap it up and hopefully get ready for a better new year?
1. This time last year I mentioned that I had to take my ex in-laws to court so that my daughter could come here for a visit. Well, finally in the first half of this year my wish came through. Good news, my daughter will be coming for a visit. Bad news, her grandmother will be coming with her. The really really bad news, I’m being made to pay for her hotel stay cause she claims she can’t afford it. What a crock of shit. She’s known I was asking for my daughter to come here for over a year and she could have saved up, especially since the woman has more money than I do, but nooooooo, she had to tell the judge she doesn’t have money and I should pay for it. I wouldn’t mind so much if she wouldn’t have tried to play dirty and tell lies or hell if it’s her I wanted to spend time with. And get this, she even had the nerve to ask if she could stay in our house. Yeah, I think not. I want to visit with my daughter, not babysit grandma the liar too. I hope she can figure out how to get around cause I’m not holding her hand there.
Sorry, definitely a bad topic. So we’ll just move right along, right, right!
2. On April 1, 2014 Noah died of cancer. It was the absolute worse day of this year and it is one I will never forget. the cancer came on so sudden, one month he was fine and the next it was too late to do anything. It was just there. Noah was my silly white golden boy from Canadian Guide Dogs and you can check him out if you look around this blog under his name, smiles.
After he died I wasn’t sure if I could go through getting another dog and I also couldn’t stand using that stupid cane! I beat myself up for over a month wondering if there was anything I could have done, and knowing there wasn’t.
Slam the door on the first half of this year, boy it was tough and emotional…bring on the second half!
3. While grieving for my pal Noah I started the application process for a new puppy since sometimes they can take a while. Some schools I applied to in the end turned out not too be what I wanted, but didn’t discover that until I really sat down to think over it. Then I decided what the hell and my last choice was Leader Dogs. loads of emails back and forth with loads of questions and in July I was accepted to their program! *cheers loudly*
Oh, also in July I made it to my 2nd year with James and I have now been in Canada for 11 years. Where the hell does the time go?
ok, so back to the good stuff, lol.
4. September 16, 2014 I got the most awesomeness dog I’ve ever met named Luna. If you’ve been following my blog, you know all about her. If not, then what the heck are you waiting on? Get to reading! You know that date of April 1, I told you I’d never forget? Well, the other reason for that is Luna’s birthday is on April 1, now how creepy is that?
Luna and I have been together for a little over 3 months now and she is totally my dog and keeps me on my toes. Still things to iron out, but getting her is a decision I don’t regret. Thank you Leader for my new best friend!
5. What’s the end of a year without something drama or moving wise. last year drama, the year before that moving. So can you guess what this year is?
Yep, that’s it, moving. This nice dream house has raised the rent so that it’s just out of my comfort zone and next year we will be moving…and it’s back to apartment living! I will no longer be able to just kick Luna out the door for her park time. I’ll actually have to get dressed and freeze in the cold with her. Now that is a crime!
Hey you Ottawa People, i’m still calling you out. If you can drive and are big and tough, PLEEEEEEEEEASE come help us move!!
6. A definite must see…Annie 2014. I really want to see what the *new* Annie is like. Hurry up and get on tv!
This year has been full of ups and downs, some have gone some still remain. 2015 will bring new things and I can’t wait to see how they turn out. So I raise a glass to you and Luna raises her tail!
Happy New Years Eve everyone, and now lets go have those drinks!