Whew, what a year this has been. Lets hit the highlights!
1. At the end of January James and I moved into our dream house Even though we’ve been here a year just about it still strange living here. Our own backyard, no elevators to deal with, no mailbox keys, loads of space and most importantly the staff for this community are totally awesome!
2. Finally near the end of February I was able to get my tubes untied and start preparing for that family James and I hope to have. I want a boy and James wants a girl. OMG, the recovery was long and painful. Sadly, it’s December and still no baby, but we’re still trying.
3. Did you ever find a place that looked really good on paper and even really good when you met with them in person? Well, that’s what Everest College was like. They claim to be the best school and willing to do all they can to help their students, but if you are a student with a disability, mainly blind all that goes out the window. I first made the attempt to attend Everest College in their Early Childcare program, but I ran into a problem. I am a blind student, oh no, what do we do? So they claim they had to refer to an organization by the National Association of Career colleges and find out what to do.
ugh, I’ve never had to deal with so many stupid sighted people in my life that so clearly discriminating against a blind person. I won’t go into great detail since there’s already loads of post on this topic that you can read about. But lets say this went on for months and months, one lie after another until finally they couldn’t pretend to be helpful any longer and said so sorry, but we can’t help you.
So in the end I ended up applying back to Algonquin College just to find out that hahha, I won’t be there long either. One more term at Algonquin and then I’ll be moving over to Carleton University to enter into the Child Studies Program.
Whew, quite the rounds for schools you think? I’ll tell more about those adventures next year, but for a while there even I couldn’t figure out what way was up, *smiles*
4. Last month I had to start legal proceedings against my daughters grandparents and her father because they want to be selfish and make a simple situation into a huge big mess. I’m not glad I have to take this step, but I believe that what’s best for my child no longer matches what they believe is best for her. I sadly think things are going to get seriously ugly in the next few months as soon as they are served with paperwork, but I can’t help that. I’ll be sending off the affidavit on Thursday by express mail and how I wish I could be a fly on the wall when they find out what’s coming their way.
5. One of the best things that happened this year was that Shout Sister Choir got to open for the Nylons and it was so totally awesome! I got an autograph CD from them as well, and gave it to mom for Xmas since she really wished she could have been there.
Man, I hope I get the chance to see them live again. They are solo awesome live!!
5. Christmas was fun again as always minus the being sick part. i was tortured by James and nephews who are so adorable when they aren’t screaming their heads off or being yelled at in turn, *smiles* Dad threatened to kick me out again if I didn’t stop eating his favourite foods. This time it was cream corn, ha! I say he should be glad I was sick otherwise I would have had his bacon too, *chuckles*
6. OMG, I wrote last year this time that I was sick a lot and hopes that this year would be better. Ha, fat chance of that. After my tubal reversal I’ve been sick just about every other week. In fact, I’m still freaken sick now. This final bug that came on around the 18th does not want to let go. Someone just shoot me now and put me out of my sickness, *smiles* Better yet, can you just yell at mother nature. I’d rather be pregnant if you don’t mind and not sick from some cold or flu or whatever this death bug is.
As I said, this has been quite the year. Some good things and some bad ones that I didn’t go into here, but now it’s time to get ready for next year and all the fun it has in store. Are you ready? Grab your caps and lets go!
Happy New Years Eve everyone!!